Is QBO right for you?
Do you use QuickBooks Desktop Software? If that’s the case, you now have a relatively new option: QuickBooks Online also known as QBO. We’ll go over what it is, what types of businesses it’s best for, and how to get started if you decide it’s suitable for you in this article.
A Host of Opportunities
Your QuickBooks company file is moved from your local computer to one of three versions of QuickBooks Online as QuickBooks Online Simple Start, QuickBooks Online Plus and QuickBooks Advanced. You then use a secure Internet connection to access your QuickBooks file. The good news is that you’ll continue to use the same QuickBooks software, screens, forms, and reports you’re already familiar with, so the learning curve will be minimal. The following are the two most significant differences:
- Instead of using your native program, you use QuickBooks. You’ll use the same version of QuickBooks software on the web, which will be online in a secure manner created by the company. You’ll most likely access QuickBooks by visiting the QuickBooks website from your browser and inputting your login credentials.
- The prices differ as you pay for the subscription based on your requirements. You may also upgrade the plans later. If you’re unsure which plan would work best for you, it’s better to consult with a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor like Cindy Noelk before your subscription.
Cindy’s Mobile Bookkeeping offers customized training for you with easy-to-follow instructions.
You will benefit from QuickBooks Online if any of the following are true:
- Your QuickBooks files must be accessible from numerous places by you, your team, your bookkeeper, or your CPA.
- If you spend at least one hour every month transferring files from one area to another.
- You’ve had problems backing up and restoring the company file or the Accountant’s Copy in the past because it’s been passed around among persons who need to update it or acquire information from it.
- You’d rather save the time it takes to have a hosted QuickBooks and apply updates to QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Online gets it all done automatically.
- You don’t have a recent QuickBooks backup and forget to back up your data on a regular basis. Backups are a standard element of the QBO procedure.
- You’re terrific at working on the fundamental aspects of your company, but you’d like to spend less time on IT-related chores.
- You dislike or feel overwhelmed when it comes to technology, and you agree that having it online as much as possible is a good idea.
Concerns With QuickBooks Online
Although QuickBooks Online is convenient, it is not suitable for everyone. Cindy’s Mobile Bookkeeping is pleased to set up a call with you HERE to go over the benefits and drawbacks and see if it’s a good fit for your company.
QuickBooks Online is secure for anyone to use even at home because you still need a login and password and can set up different permissions for different user access. If you’re concerned about using QuickBooks Online we’d be pleased to talk to you about it.
Did you know that many companies stop supporting outdated versions of their software after 3 years? With QuickBooks Online you are never outdated. You automatically get the updated version. It’s included in your subscription.
Even if you have a lot of time on your hands, it’s best to contact a professional who is trained in bookkeeping to help you setup and manage your Quickbooks Online File. They can teach you the basic data input so things get done right the first time. Accurate numbers are critical to growing your business.
Getting Started With QuickBooks Online Solution
If your accounting expert isn’t already familiar with your needs, they’ll want to ask you questions about how you use QuickBooks before migrating to the QuickBooks Online solution. When it comes to choosing the correct solution, you must consider the following factors:
- What QuickBooks version and line are you currently using? This must be exactly matched with the online plans.
- Are you currently paying your bills Online? That’s great QuickBooks online will export them from your bank to QuickBooks Online so you have real time data.
- If you have any QuickBooks add-ons, list them here.
- Are you concerned that your printer won’t work with QuickBooks Online? No worries it works with most printers and emails.
Your accounting professional will be able to present you with some online options, pricing, and implementation strategies once you’ve gotten those answers. Most accounting firms collaborate with one or more online firms to provide a seamless one-stop shopping experience. Your accounting professional may be able to help you save money by offering bulk or package pricing.
How to make the most of your QuickBooks Investment
If you want to make sure that you invest in the right QuickBooks plan and make the most of your accounting and bookkeeping experience while making the process simpler, there can be nothing better than getting help from a certified QuickBooks Pro-Advisor. With Cindy’s Mobile Bookkeeping services, you get all the expertise you need from a QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor. With over 30 years of accounting experience, we implement the best processes for your company and review your accounting success to make sure you’re protected from life’s unexpected oops moments. When working with a pro, you won’t need to second-guess yourself when it comes to bookkeeping and accounting, so you’ll regain valuable time and truly become a TOTAL BOSS. Book a free consultation with Cindy Noelk today!